An FAQ is a Frequently Asked Question. We have listed here the question paired with
the appropriate answer. If you don't find the answer to your question, please visit
our customer support page or email support@HiWAAY.net.
Busy Signal Report Form: Report a busy signal.
There are currently 249 FAQs in the database.
View: By Category All
Various setups ranging from adding your dial up connection to setting up your various programs.
Question: How do I configure Microsoft Windows 7 for a dial-up connection to HiWAAY?
1. Click on the Start Button
2. Next, click on Control Panel
3. Now click the icon called Network and Sharing Center
4. Inside Network and Sharing Center, click on Set up a new connection or network option
5. Click on Set Up a Dial-up Connection
6. Enter the local phone number for your HiWAAY connection into the Dial-up Phone Number field.
7. In the User name field enter the first part of your primary HiWAAY account name. For example, if your primary email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you would enter johndoe into the User name field.
8. Next, enter the Password for your User name, and check the box called Remember this password.
9. Under Connection name call it "HiWAAY DialUp Connection" (You may name this anything you wish)
10. Now you're done, when you're ready to connect just click the Connect button.
11. Once the connection is made, you'll see a window called The connection to the Internet is ready to use. Click Close on this window. You can use your web browser, email program or any other Internet applications you wish now.